Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Rant

I haven't realized how time goes by so quickly since I have been in graduate school. It has been five 'short' years, and I haven't had the time to fully realize my goals. However, during the past year, I have felt an urgency to come up with a 'bucket list' of things to do. I am 28, and as hard as it is to see this number in writing, I must face it. My twenties are winding down, and as of late, I have been freaking out. I feel like I need to do more things in order to be worthy of this age... Like win a Nobel prize or climb the Mount Everest??

I recently came across an idea book and felt overwhelmed at the number of things I haven't done yet... Why didn't I worry about 'my lack of experience with life' when I was 21? If I had started to cross of things off my bucket list at a younger age, I would have done more things as of present. This definitely sounds like my mid-life crisis... If I could freeze my age, I would.

I will reach an epic age in less than two months. Since it is the first day of the year, I will not regret over the past. I will look ahead and try to maximize my time in this age.

2014 will be an epic year.

No comments:

Post a Comment